I will never darken the door of this store again. I had these knuckleheads special order a dual camera system for my commercial truck so I could see both my generator being towed behind and the hitch. They ordered the camera system alright, but charged me an undisclosed fee to order it. They did not call me to tell me the camera had been received. They refused to make an appointment, so I brought the truck in and hoped for the best. They installed the camera and monitor wrong the first time and sent me out to buy new mounting hardware to fix it. The mount they made was an abortion, but it worked, so I took delivery of the truck with a working camera.

About two weeks later, the cameras started working intermittently. It was a few more weeks before I could get the truck in while the cameras were not working and they told me the system need a new "brain" - whatever that is. They told me they would order the parts and they would be covered under warranty. I called to confirm that the parts had been ordered (no trust at this point), and they had been (pleasant surprise). I finally had a chance to bring the truck in on a day that the only installer who was capable of touching my system was scheduled to work and was told he had called in and wouldn't be there that day, but they would get someone else on it. Eight hours later, they called to tell me the system still hadn't been fixed - they couldn't figure it out. I went in to get the truck (not happy) and told them to give me the parts they ordered and I would fix it myself. The manager stood there looked me in the eye, and told me the parts would be over $300 (clearly a lie). The manager then told me that the installer had planned this day off for over a year (another lie).

This business is poorly staffed, unprofessional and disorganized. The staff failed to provide reasonable service on nearly every opportunity, and I was lied to more than once. I will just scrap this camera and buy one from someone else who runs a reputable business.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Car Toys. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Car Toys.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Car Toys to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Car Toys?

Comments